It is almost certain that I'll be resigning from U… next Wednesday. This decision became firm after a chat with the director of the department I'll be joining. She assured me of the opportunities and advancement I'll get if I perform.
I've always wanted to work either in Taiwan or with a global bank / financial institution in Singapore. Global as in really global, not U*B, OC*C etc... Unfortunately, my job search in Taiwan wasn’t very successful and this offer presents a rare opportunity... to manage stuffs that compliment my skill sets in a really renowned global financial institution.
I'm finding it very hard to be leaving a company that has given me a lot and especially these really wonderful colleagues. I think this 'moody-ness' I'm experiencing now is going to last for some time. I will miss the many late nights, sat and sun I spent working. I will be missing a lot of things. It is going to feel weird to have empty evenings and free weekends.
|